Sunday, January 18, 2009

happy days

Guess what's totally thriving?!
That's right -- my lemon tree! It's covered in blossoms now and it smells soooo goood when I walk past the dining room (it's current indoor location right in front of the south-facing window).

Check out this awesome D.I. find.

To most of you this is just a weird looking cookie jar shaped like a squirrel with an unusually happy look on it's face. But to those of you "in the know" you'll recognize this as a Wiley family heirloom. Check out what's peeking out in the background of this picture from Thanksgiving (you might need to enlarge it to get the full effect):

This exact same cookie jar has sat in a place of honor on the counter in the Wiley's kitchen for as long as Scott can remember, and now we have one too! And of course a new cookie jar calls for a fresh batch of cookies, so that's always a happy day.

We're not sure why, but lately Oliver spends most of his leisure time

up-side-down

Guess it's time to sign him up for gymnastics!

Do you recognize this look? It's something we haven't seen June do in her whole 22 months on earth:


She actually sat still for a full 20 minutes and watched TV. She was completely mesmerized and engaged and so excited. We've searched for months for something to catch her attention. Brenden's old favorite Teletubbies, Oliver's old standby Max & Ruby, new girly shows like Carebears and Strawberry shortcake -- nothing worked. What was it finally that caught her eye?


Yo Gabba Gabba.
What a weird show. But also somewhat endearing. I know it's weird or backwards to be excited for your kids to watch TV, and I guess when she grows up to be a couch potato I'll look back and eat my words, but I have to say for now it's quite nice to get a 20 minute break every once in a while.

Which is all a long winded round-about way to announce our happiest news of all:

Baby #4 will join our family in August

See there's payoff in reading all the way through the post!

We were a little nervous about telling the boys, so put it off for a while, but finally today while we were hanging out before church we broke the news. They were playing and Brenden stopped and turned around and exclaimed, "What?!" and then turned back around and continued playing. That's the last we've heard about it from him all day. Oliver did an audible "hmmm" and then went about playing his game, but then came back a while later to say, "it's just that babies are so much work!" But Oliver is actually pretty baby crazy, so even though he tried to hide behind complaints and protests, we know he's actually very excited.

24 comments:

Anne said...

congratulations! that is exciting. hope you are feeling well.

Annee said...

Awesome! All the way around. All that happiness in one post. I'm just over joyed for the Wiley's of Provo.

Ie Li said...

I'm glad you're having lots of happy days in your house and I am thrilled to have a new niece or nephew. We love you guys!

Bethany said...

Congratulations!!!! Your lemon tree looks awesome!!! Just kidding, although I'm excited for that success as well. I hope you're feeling good!

Michelle said...

I am so excited for you guys! Congratulations! Also, thanks for the idea on TGIFridays. It was perfect!

~j. said...

Congratulations! I hope you're feeling well.

ps - Gabba is awesome. We seriously love it over here.

jules said...

woot woo! yipee! hooray! So happy for you all. Now you at least have an excuse for sleeping in.

Julie said...

That is so exciting...I am so happy for you guys...I hope that you don't feel yucky!!! Can't wait to see you guys when we move up there!!!

Rachel F. said...

YYeeeaaahhh!! I can't wait to find out what Baby w will be! I'm immensely excited. Congrats. Glad it's out in the open. I can give my spies some time off :-)

Annalee said...

Congrats Sarah! That is really exciting. Friday I was asking the boys if they wanted another brother or sister. ( I had no Idea you were expecting, and apparently they didn't either)It was so cute to see their reactions to my question.

holly said...

Congratulations! I've been thinking of you a lot lately...every time I put that little knit hat on Annie. It's my favorite baby gift ever. Thank you again.
Good luck with this pregnancy!

Brooke said...

oh my goodness! congratulations!

xoxo

sarah sample said...

wahooo! congrats! that is fantastic. Hope you are feeling well :)

emmy said...

I was so excited when I heard - now that the cats out of the bag, I am happy to say: Congratulations!

That cookie jar is an awesome find.

So happy for you guys on both accounts.

Dahl Family said...

Congratulations!!! I guess it does pay to read your blog!!! Woo hoo! I'm so excited for you!

Melinda Hawkes said...

How exciting-about the lemon tree, June watching Yo Gabba Gabba, and about the baby! Best wishes.

Leslie said...

YAY!! Congrates on the pregnancy. That is so exciting. I had Nolan in Aug and it was a great month (but a very hot summer) :) best wishes on a healthy pregnancy!!

Ana said...

We are so exited for you guys! Congratulations!! We can't wait to meet the little guy/gal! :)

Karin said...

We add our CONGRAT's!!! Our babies look so much alike;) Jim wants to know if you knew when he saw you at the airport... I'm sure he was the 1st person you would've told;)...

lisa said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!(and we'd be happy to take June [and the boys too] for awhile if you need longer than twenty minutes...she makes me laugh!)

LosPeterson said...

What a build up to some fantastic news Sarah! I hope that's how you told Scott the news :) Anyway, congratulations to you and your family! We can't wait to welcome another little Wiley into the world!

Emilie and Branden said...

You are superwoman!! Please can I hold your newborn baby when he/she gets here? So exciting!!

Unknown said...

Hooray for baby #4!!! Love your blog! Love your lemon tree! Love your background--how did you get it to match your house?

Janell said...

Congrats you guys that is so exciting!!! I hope you are feeling well Sarah, can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl!!!