Thursday, July 30, 2009

drum roll please

His name is

Huck

But on anything official like a birth certificate or resume or presidential placard it will be

Harrison Webster Wiley

Huck is a name we've liked for a long time, but certainly recognize it is unconventional and slightly controversial. Harrison is distinguished and interesting and starts with 'H', so Huck could be used as a nick name. Webster is Scott's Dad, Grandpa, and Great-Grandpa's name.












We are home from the hospital now, much to the relief of June who thought maybe I was moving there without her. Not unexpectedly, she's having the hardest time getting used to the idea of having a new one move in on her territory. Over the past few days she's been in tears saying, "I'm the baby. I'm the baby.", stealing his pacifier, wanting to sit in his carseat, and sealing his blankies. She wanted to know where her bed was in the hospital room, and answered a vehement "NO!" to the question "Should we bring the baby home with us?"


But she's starting to come around. Finally she was willing to hold him. Today she gave him kisses and offered to share her blankies with him. She liked helping to rinse his pacifier and give it to him herself. It will take some time, but I suspect they will become good friends and she will be very protective of him.

Thank you Thank you to Rachel & Christine for taking over mommy duties while we were in the hospital. They are reliable and capable and willing and for that I am eternally grateful.

Thank you Thank you to Scott for doing extra daddy duties over the past few days. He drove back & forth from the hospital so many times to take care of everyone's needs, did laundry, errands, and even spent a full 4-hour day sitting with Oliver at Chinese camp to help him get over his anxiety on his first day. And I am especially grateful for his guest blogging to not only keep everyone up to date, but also to fill in the holes and catch up after my great absense.

Scott's mom Laurel is here now to help us. She's already cleaned out our fridge, washed all the baby's bedding, played games with the kids, and proven her self willing and anxious to help out however we need her to. We are so glad to have her here!

I am feeling really great. Better than I have after any of my other babies. I am so grateful for a body that can do something so amazing and tramatizing as birth a baby, and then virtually bounce back 3 days later. It is remarkable.

So things are good and we have much to be grateful for.
(I'll need to be able to look back and remember that over the next few weeks when we are getting no sleep and feeling beaten down.)

17 comments:

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

Congrats! he is sooo handsome and his name is perfect!

Nate said...

Great choice. I love how huck is his secret name.

Anne said...

great name and nickname. glad you are feeling well. let me know if i can help get oliver to and from chinese camp.

Ie Li said...

I love his name and nick name. I'm so glad you have bounced back so quickly.

Heather said...

Congratulations Sarah! Huck...what a GREAT name!

Rachel F. said...

It's perfect!! What a clever solution

paul said...

Congrats to all. We've been down with Huck from the get go.

Harrison's a nice touch. George WAS the underrated Beatle.

Katie said...

I love the names. I have always been fond of Scott's Dad's name,so I am glad you used it, too.
He is a beautiful little baby--just like the rest of his family. On a sidenote, Laurel's skirt is gorgeous.

Geo said...

Oh, how I love the name Huck! And what's on his birth certificate is nice too. Congrats on bringing a Huck into the world! Good luck with your competing babies.

Thanks too for the loving note on my blog, Sarah. I appreciate you! xoxo

Annee said...

I love that he has a name for when he runs for president. At least he will understand your opinion of his potential.

Don't hold anything back Huck. You are meant to be great!

Welcome to the family.

Jim said...

I think his name fits with his brothers nicely. I love Harrison, but couldn't ever use it with our last name without looking like we'd named him after a specific bird of prey.
Congrat's, guys!!!

AP said...

Congrats Sarah! Love the name. What a cute addition to your family.

Btw, Sarah gets in town tomorrow night and will be around through Sunday. I'll see if I can help her swing by. Hope you're getting lots of rest! Take care.

Bethany said...

Yea! Congrats!

Annalee said...

adorable! I can't wait to get my hands on that little guy. That is too funny about June. I love the name choice!

Carina said...

Love the name.

Janell said...

He is darling! Congratulaions!!!

Erin said...

Holy cow! When was the last time I checked your blog? I swear it was only a month or two ago. I had no idea you were even expecting a baby! So congratulations. It has no relevance whatsoever, but I really like the name Huck. It's just kind of great. Babies are great, too.