Wednesday, February 23, 2011

before & after



This is the chair we picked up a couple years ago abandoned by a port-a-potty at the beach house. It's taken me a while to get around to it, but I'm thrilled with the makeover. At every turn I had to apologize to those helping me for knowingly spending more on their services than what the chair is probably worth, but I think in the end it was worth it. I'm loving this fabric - exactly what I was looking for. The chair's going in the living room, so of course now I think the rest of the room needs a bit of a makeover to suit the new chair. Eventually...


On an unrelated note... this was the scene I woke up to this morning. Can you see what's going on here? Huck's holding a bottle in one hand and holding up the ipod to watching a movie with the other hand, with Scott on his ipad in the background. Do these kids even realize they're growing up in the FUTURE?!?!

2 comments:

Ie Li said...

I remember you picking that chair up. It is so so pretty. That fabric is perfect.

Annee said...

Oh boy, my love for "before" and "after" pictures is second to none! It's perfect! I totally remember when you stole it. That was awesome.