Thursday, November 13, 2008

sights that warm my heart #1

I know I'm behind on blogging and I'm sorry. I have been busy and every day I try to start a post and get distracted. I have other things I want to say and other pictures I want to share, but tonight I wanted to start a new series I've been thinking about called "sights that warm my heart." Every once in a while I see something that makes me stop and remember how happy I am. It is rare to have a camera on hand at that precise moment, so I'm not sure how many of these I'll be able to do, but here's a start.

Tonight I went and saw Scott play a show with Paul Jacobsen & the Madison Arm at a quaint little art gallery in Salt Lake. It was the perfect setting for PJ&tMA and they played incredibly -- dynamic, energetic, personable, tight. When Scott plays guitar (when he's sitting down) he always crosses his feet like this. It's one of the first things I noticed about him when I'd see him perform or practice when we were dating. Now when I see this familiar sight it makes my heart happy and overwhelms me with that nostalgic giddy feeling of young love. I love seeing him play music and am so grateful that he has such great friends who help bring that out of him.

8 comments:

Ie Li said...

Sarah, I love that. I'm looking forward to this new series of yours. I've missed your blog posts.

Bethany said...

That is very sweet.

emmy said...

What a happy idea! Is there anything quite as great as a guy in converse as well? I love even more, that after 10 years of marriage - you still get those giddy feelings and remember back to the "young love" days. Another reason why I like you guys so much.

paul said...

the Crown Burger cup in the back also warms my heart.

thanks for letting us borrow your man.

Rachel F. said...

that's funny. i've noticed i sit like that at my desk quite often. so you can take a picture of me too. oddly, i don't think it'll have QUITE the same effect...

that was really cool when scott was on the radio. i'm glad i got to hear that.

Stephanie said...

what a good idea!

Annalee said...

that is really cute. I think James totally does the same thing... I am going to pay more attention now.

LosPeterson said...

Those were such fun days Sarah! The other day I was walking around with Chris and we happened upon a band who was breaking down all their gear after a show. I watched them for a moment found myself feeling all warm and fuzzy just thinking about loading and unloading drums!!! Not that it was the most enjoyable thing in the world to do. They were heavy and I used to get black stuff all over my hands. But I think it's one of those peripheral things that gets sucked into the feeling of falling in love with a person.

Keep the heart warmers coming.