Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Nearer: A New Collection of Favorite Hymns


Scott's latest Deseret Book project, Nearer: A New Collection of Favorite Hymns, just came out and it is another great album, in my completely unbiased opinion. It is a collection of favorite hymns done in a modern style designed specifically to appeal to a younger audience. The arrangements are beautiful, the collection of singers unique and interesting, and the whole album is overall inspiring. Really. It gives me the chills.

Listen to a great behind-the-scenes interview with Cherie Call.

Read another nod from Orson Scott Card here.

I'm so proud.

7 comments:

Annee said...

I'm excited to listen to it. Tell him congratulations. I'm sure it's wonderful.

Anne said...

i just listened to the clips and i love it all. i am totally getting one. scott is so great at what he does.

Annee said...

I now have listened to the whole thing, several times. I sewed, I listened, I cried, and repeated. It was a lovely way to spend an evening.

angie4th said...

I bought it this morning on iTunes and loved it. Congrats, Scott. I am sure you were influenced by some great people in LC Madrigals. LOL! You were always a music genius even back then...

Ana said...

I am so excited!! Jack still insists on having "his favorite music" on every naptime and bedtime (the lullaby cd). He has a lifetime fan! :)

Ie Li said...

I am so excited about this. What a talent he has.

Annee said...

P.S. somehow I had missed your two previous posts. I love Huck's blessing get-up. He looked adorable! Love the custom made booties to match.