Saturday, May 30, 2009

Recap


What have the Wileys been up to lately?

  1. Lots of baseball for both the boys
  2. End of school -- Summer break begins!
  3. Scott's away on his 2nd annual frisbee golf tour with "the guys"
  4. Beautiful weather & blooming flowers
  5. Seven Peaks water park is open and we were there on day #1 and #2 and yesterday and today.
  6. June gave up her pacifiers (or as she called them, "fies"). We tied them to a bunch of balloons and watched them fly away through tear-filled eyes. That part was heart-breaking, but since then she's been fine.
  7. Scott & I celebrated our 12 year anniversary! Yay us!
  8. Finally finished our taxes
  9. Discovered that birdseed, when dropped in the dirt below a feeder, or when buried in stashes by a squirrel, grows
  10. Finally went to the Provo Farmer's Market. Not quite the same as our beloved South Pasadena Farmer's Market where I could go get a delicious ear of roasted corn on the cob every Thursday evening, but it's getting there.

Most significantly, my sister Annee & her kids are here visiting all the way from the other side of the world. So far we've had a great time hanging out and playing together at home -- the kids have been getting along famously -- and going on some fun outings. Annee and Rachel have both been doing a better job of blogging lately than I have, so please go here and here to read up on all the fun stuff we've been doing. It's so great to be in the same town at the same time with all my sisters.

So Rachel has been trying (and succeeding) to post a photo a day on her blog through the month of May, and has challenged me to do it next. I may or may not try. You'll see on Monday, I guess. It would be good for me to get over my blogging rut.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Love the balloon idea, and happy anniversary! (Oh, and I recently heard that you can bake your birdseed before you put it in your feeder so that you don't get weeds.)

Annalee said...

What a good idea about the balloons. Enjoy your time with your sisters, that sounds fun.

12 years, thats great!! Congrats!

C. Jane Kendrick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C. Jane Kendrick said...

Ok, it was hard enough for me to lean in and get a photo with the Farmers Market artwork, so I am giving you mass props for your photo here.

You cute girl, you.