Saturday, April 26, 2008

i've somehow convinced them the tulip festival is fun


This is our third year in a row going to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point and the boys still think it's a great time. It's pretty amazing given how many things they think are totally dumb and boring, but somehow I've managed to convince them this is a treat. Which is a real treat for me. I love going and walking through all the gardens and admiring the tulips and daffodils and sculptured gardens and everything. It's so great (and important) to find those things that moms and kids can both sincerely look forward to.

We went on Friday and although it had snowed on Thursday, the weather was great, and perhaps because it had snowed on Thursday, there was hardly anyone there. Our favorite spot is the secret garden. The boys love to play in the fountains (can you believe I actually had a comb in my purse?!) and I love to study the layout and figure out how I could create something like it in our back yard. I'm sure I can't, but it's fun to imagine.

Other highlights include feeding the fish (they were seriously jumping up and climbing on top of each other to get the bread crumbs)


and playing in the fountains in the Italian Garden.

The boys would drop a leaf in the top tub and watch it (slash help it) cascade down to the bottom. June had fun climbing up and down the stairs.














Lovely.

6 comments:

Katie said...

We've got to venture beyond the Dinosaur museum and farm! I want to put a big concrete and sand play thing (like the dinosaur museum's) in my basement. First, I need to get a basement.

Annee said...

Now I'm jealous! I wish we had a tulip festival to go to. Or even a tulip planted in our yard! Darn those blasted deer!! I'm glad you're boys think the Tulip Festival is fun, that's fun for you.

emmy said...

I am so sad I missed the festival this year. I love it - and Jack also thinks it's a blast. It was like pulling teeth to get him away from those fish and the fountains. June is adorable as always - and the boys are such handsome little men. Maybe next year we can go together. It always makes me feel more ambitious in my mini gardening efforts.

Ie Li said...

We had so much fun with you guys at the tulip festival last year. It makes me want to move to Utah.

paul said...

Me: [trying to instigate a conversation about Disneyland] Hey, Oli and Brenden, I heard you went somewhere really fun.

O/B: Yeah.

Me: Where was it? Magic Mountain? Knotts Berry Farm? Lagoon?

O/B: The Tulip Festival

Leslie said...

I am so sad I missed it this year :( I told my hubby Nick that we had to go this year and before we knew it, it had come and gone. Better luck next year, hopefully!