Wednesday, April 9, 2008

odds 'n ends

Just a couple quick things to note:


Charades
On Monday night we were playing Charades (modified version) with the boys and it was Oliver's turn. He stands up and then bends over and touches his toes and makes some sort of buzzing sound. We asked for some clues so he said, "you eat what comes out of me." Chicken? Cow? Nope. Turns out he was a snowcone machine. Of course the camera wasn't handy and he refused to do it again, so here is a live re-enactment of the moment.


New shirt
Oliver's been saving up his money for the past few weeks for a model motorcycle he saw at Target for $6. Yesterday he did his final job (I paid him $0.50 to shred a big stack of old tax documents) so we packed up his $6.32 and went to Target. We went straight for the toy isle and he found the motorcycle but then he started to have some doubts. He went through MANY other choices and finally he settled on a new shirt. He's been wearing it for 2 days straight now. I think that's really saying something when a 5-year-old boy chooses to buy a new shirt with his own money instead of a toy. What it's saying, I'm not sure. But something.


I'm the Proud Parent of a Wasatch Elementary Honor Roll Student
Time to get a bumper sticker! Brenden got to have lunch with the principal (McDonald's in the library) yesterday since his teacher submitted his name for the honor roll. We are very proud of him!

(p.s. don't you just love all these great school photos?! our school now does fall and spring photos. and you can't not get them, right? but what am I supposed to do with them all?)

5 comments:

Annee said...

I have two things I need to say:

1. When George saw me looking at Oliver's new shirt, and I explained to him that it's what he bought with his hard earned money, he replied, "Is Oliver mad now that he wasted his money?" So that's what my boys think about new clothes.

2. Our school also takes the fall and spring photos. However, the spring photo was taken on a day when my boys nearly ran straight out of bed to the bus stop. Torn jeans, stained, shirts, etc. When I saw them I sent them directly back to school the next day. Some things just don't need to be remembered. But congratulations to Brenden. I'm sure it won't be the last time he lands himself on the honor roll. After all, look at his mother. Didn't you invent the honor roll?! J/K

And those are the two things I had to say. Thank you.

Rachel F. said...

So now that you do yoga 6 days a week, are you super flexible? And can we please see some sample photos?

I wish I could save up $6 and find a shirt I loved.

For the school photos, please fill up one of those circular photo frame things with all the years that mom had. They're so fun to look at as you get older! And it's always the earliest photos that mom was missing. Consider it.

Rachel F. said...

p.s. can you send me the photo formatting instructions that you sent to mom?

Brooke said...

school pictures are a classic. they are a rite of passage. you must buy them.

but i too, have a file folder stuffed full of them. and mine are still little!

Zack said...

hey, why don't you mail some to Uncle Zack?