Thursday, July 17, 2008

Here was my day today. Nothing really special -- just for the record:

4:30am -- put June and Oliver back in their beds. try to go back to sleep.

5:30am-6:00am -- wake up (very quietly so as not to disturb anyone else) and get ready

6:00-7:15am -- Yoga at It's Yoga at Soel Boutique. Literally drenched in sweat today.

7:15-7:45am -- Boys are awake when I get home, but self-sufficient for at least another hour. Go out front and prune the roses

7:45-8:45am -- finish movie I started last night. The last 10 minutes were impossible to get through as the gang had gathered at my feet at that point. But very interesting movie The diving bell and the butterfly. Sounded uplifting from the back of the box but didn't realize it was in French -- pleasant surprise. (take "uplifting" with a grain of salt)

8:45-9:30am -- can no longer ignore the kids. Breakfast time. Cold cereal (woohoo!) and peaches for June. Leftover pizza for Oliver. Pancakes for Brenden, Scott & I (thanks to Scott). June practices her new word "NO!". Comes in handy when she doesn't want the boys to get in her way, take away her things, doesn't want certain things to eat, doesn't want to hold still to brush her hair, etc.

9:30-10:00am -- clear side driveway *just in case* landscapers might come today. get dressed and ready for the next few activities. hurry and put the new vinyl lettering we picked up at Michaels on the front of Oliver's motorcycle. After much consideration, he went with the racing number 19876.

10:00-11:15am -- take boys to Progressive Power Tumbling. June keeps herself entertained on the sidelines by spotting and eating dropped skittles from the candy machine. Brenden wants to learn a back flip. Oliver gets hit by kid on rope swing.

11:15-12:45pm -- Seven Peaks. Brenden goes on Vortex. Oliver goes on the little blue slides but the water's too cold. June, Oliver and I play in the kids pool. Brenden gets bored and goes home. June falls under water 3 times -- once when I didn't see (seriously turned away for one second to help Oliver with his goggles) but another mom grabbed her quickly. She seems completely unphased and undeterred.

12:45-1:45pm -- home. Showers/baths (we are meticulous about rinsing that yucky ultra-chorinated public pool water off) . Lunch (all 3 amazingly have the same thing -- leftover pizza). Practice piano for the first time all week. I ran out of time for my shower. gross. Noticed landscaper dropped off a trailer and some pipe. Something must be happening soon! Old Helaman Halls buddy Keith (in town preparing to move his family back to Provo from CA/ID) stops by to use our business center (i.e. internet/fax/print/air conditioning). Oh man we missed the water delivery truck AGAIN.

2:00-3:00pm -- piano lessons. June sleeps in the car. I sit in the car for a work conference call. Hope it's ok that we didn't practice this week. Learned how to surf the web on my new iPhone.

3:00-3:30pm -- Krispy Kreams. What the heck -- the piano teacher lives right next door and we hadn't been there in quite a while, afterall. Might as well get a dozen.

3:30-4:00pm -- Blockbuster. We had two of our mail-in movies to return, which means two free rentals. Oliver picks Cory in the House and Brenden chooses High School Musical 2. June is like a tornado in that place.

4:30-5:30pm -- Home so I can finally shower. Boys watch High School Musical 2 (Brenden won the coin toss). June doesn't feel like taking a nap.

5:30-6:30pm -- I need to drop past Courtney's house, so turn it into a family bike ride to the elementary school (across from Courtney's) where they have a great bike riding hill. It's still pretty hot, but the boys are strong riders. Oliver is amused by my shortcut through the church parking lot.

6:30pm-7:30pm -- back home so boys can ride their motorcycles around the cul-de-sac. Brenden takes on all the responsibility of helping Oliver and starting the bikes. I have remained blissfully oblivious to the inner-workings of the motorcycles so when Oliver asks, "when the grey thing is up is the gas on or off?" I can in all honesty plead ignorance. Make sure DVR will record the new season of Project Runway starting tonight.

7:30pm-8:30pm -- dinner time. What should we have? Guess I should have thought about it sooner. Half package of bacon is all the meat in the house -- I opt for omelets and toast. Delicious since I grilled onion, pepper, corn, squash and zucchini for mine. Oliver had white rice with soy sauce. June had her eggs scrambled.

8:00pm -- June simply cannot be awake any more.

8:30pm-9:30pm -- boys watch Cory in the house. I answer emails.

9:30pm -- boys to bed. they are tired.

9:30-11:00pm -- quiet house. Scott will be home soon. better clean up. maybe I'll blog first. can't. keep. my. eyes. open. better keep moving to stay awake.


Things that didn't get done today:
* grocery shopping (I tend to put that off AS LONG AS I POSSIBLY CAN)
* mail baby gift to Lyndsey
* get a babysitter for Saturday
* write a resume
* any actual landscaping
* re-pot the house plants
* practice making soap for Primary pioneer activity on Saturday
* call to remind teachers about Primary pioneer activity on Saturday


I'm tired.


5 comments:

Nate said...

wow sarah thats a pretty intense day. I would be amazing if i could get half of that done. I kinda got tired thinking about it all. Well good luck with tomorrow Looks like all the kids are happy so your doing pretty great

Annee said...

Nate's got a point, we operate so our children are always happy. I'm glad you got to do yoga, and eventually got the shower. Really, what more could you dream of?! As for making soap for the primary activity...life is never dull.

P.S. I didn't walk into Blockbuster for one full year with Jane and Ruby. I absolutely couldn't take it. Take June's destruction and double it. We stayed in the car.

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Some days it is so hard. I am sure you do it with a good attitude too. I laugh at reading June being a tornado in the movie store. The same is true for us. I am waiting for us to be banned from the movie store because of Ariel

Randi said...

love the schedule. it always looks so crazy when it is all layed out in front of you. bummed you guys aren't coming to mack's this year.

Rachel F. said...

that day is pure insanity! so many things going on and yet i bet it's a blur until the end of the day. you're quite an inspiration.