Thursday, July 3, 2008

try to spread out just a little farther

Here is a map of the current Zackrison family distribution. Seriously, could we be any more spread out? This is almost ridiculous. We've got Zack on the west coast, Steve on the east coast, us somewhere in between, Christine in Ireland, Rachel in Jerusalem, Annee in Korea, and Mom & Dad in Germany. We span 4 continents, 7 time zones, 5 countries, 5 forms of government, 5 currencies, 3 oceans, and 10 official languages. I know we were raised to be independent, adventurous, travelers, but come on! I miss you guys. I miss R&C dropping by, and I miss Annee being available for stupid cooking questions, and I miss the comraderie we all share and the good times we had at the beach last month. Why is this better than all living in the same town together?

6 comments:

Rachel F. said...

I know! It's crazy! We're really all over the place right now. You summed it up perfectly with that map and description. I hope someday we'll all be able to settle down. Can't wait for the next gathering!!! Love you!

Ie Li said...

Seriously, let's all start doing our research on an affordable, lovely, darling place to live where everyone can have a good job. Dallas? Denver? Any other suggestions? We miss you guys.

Rachel F. said...

Now when you check your blog counter you'll have hits from across the globe!

Christine said...

wow when you put it that way it really does sound pretty crazy. my suggestion would have to be ireland, it's seriously amazing here and we could all live in a cute little town! anyone anyone??

Annee said...

I guess I'd sacrifice Korea for Ireland. If you forced me...

It is crazy. We are too far away. I'm all for living on the same street sometime in the hopefully near future. Enough is enough.

Zack said...

it's not... although we're probably all very happy where we are (if it's our choice to be there) so that counts for something.

Tahiti is a good place for "small town feel" and it has great weather and good surfing. Oh and the government will pay you $1500 a month for your kids