Saturday, September 27, 2008

goosebumps

I just got home from seriously one of the best shows I've ever seen. It looked great, sounded incredible, and was comfortable and fun. It was obvious that the people on stage were having a great time and it was so fun to watch Scott play again and to have George there and the drum kit was crazy and the organ was loud enough and the pedal steel -- well what can I say -- there was pedal steel, and paul was funny and danced and dominic and sarah were awesome. I got chills and was just struck by how mature and professional they all looked and sounded and how wonderful it is to watch people excel at their craft. Inspirational.

Plus, as an added bonus Paul organized a raffle to benefit Stephanie & Christian and not only did they raise over $500, which is awesome, but my numbers got called 3 times! No, it wasn't rigged, and no, I didn't take all the prizes, but I did get this adorable Leia Bell print which will go great upstairs.

So too bad for all of you who didn't get to soak in all the good music vibes and win a raffle. Now go buy Paul's CD to make up for it.

6 comments:

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Wish I could have been there. I always like to watch Scott play and Paul has a fantastic voice.

paul said...

After all the time your family sacrificed to make this happen, it's only fitting that you won a little. Doesn't hurt to buy a ton of tickets either...

Thanks for everything (and especially for lending me your husband and Dad), Sarah and the Wileys.

Ie Li said...

Sounds like just the kind of concert we would have loved.

Anne said...

i am so jealous!! please let us know about upcoming concerts. congrats on all the winning!

Randi said...

I can't even tell you how sad it was for me to miss this show. Thanks for posting about it and if you have any photos, I would love to have them. Love that little print. So cute.

Good old days grown up. :)

emmy said...

This was great - good work to us winning a few things. Jack has fallen in love with the poster, so looks like it might go in his room. It was fun haning out/sitting behind you at the show.