Wednesday, September 10, 2008

he's very bounce-back-able

Monday was a great day for Oliver going to school. No complaining, no "feeling a yittle bit sick", just walked right in no problem. Tuesday was our worst day yet. This time he actually grabbed on to my legs and his poor teacher had to be pry him off while he was screaming and I was trying to make a break for the door. But when I picked him up after school he was smiling and happy and said his day was "good" and told me all about his music teacher and gingerbread men and the cafeteria ladies. I absolutely love his ability to bounce back. I love that we can just move forward without having to re-hash it all and apologize and get to the bottom of it. I love that he doesn't try to hide his enthusiasm. I envy this quality and would like to be more like that myself.




p.s. Today was a good day again. No problems. No explanation.

p.p.s. That picture doesn't have anything to do with this post. I realize that.

6 comments:

Geo said...

Unless you start singing that old song, "Everything's coming up roses!"

Full moon ride next week. Are you guys interested in joining us either Tuesday or Wednesday evening at Sundance?

Annee said...

Except that those are beautiful flowers, and that relates to everything.

Being able to move on is key.

Rachel F. said...

What happened to the spider mums?

Ie Li said...

But your roses are exquisite! I'm so glad you shared them with us.

We love Oliver. Way to be bounce-back-able!

jules said...

Your blog is beautiful. I have a lot to learn from you. Please teach me. Can't wait to read your older posts (when it isn't past midnight). I am hoping tomorrow will be a great day for Oliver!

emmy said...

Cute Ollie. Are those roses from your garden? They are gorgeous!