Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I hate school! It is boring!

Oliver made it to his first day of Kindergarten. This morning he excitedly put on his new shirt and cool shoes, and jumped into the car with his new backpack full of new supplies. But based on his past reaction to starting new things (i.e. kicking & screaming, won't get out of the car, crying, yelling, etc.), I figured we'd have a breakdown eventually. And true to form, we did experience some of that when we actually pulled up to the school. I had to pull him out of the car and drag him in the door against his will. Walking very slowly and reluctantly down the hall, we ran into Brenden who walked right up and in such a cheerful voice said, "Hi Oliver! Cool shirt!" I told him Oliver was nervous and afraid Kindergarten was going to be boring, and Brenden said "Oh it won't be boring at all. I really loved Kindergarten." What a nice big brother! When we got to the classroom Oliver mustered his courage and went in and immediately got to work.

When I picked him up (right on time!) his face was beaming with pride and his report was all good. And he says tomorrow he wants to walk in all by himself because he remembers where his classroom is. So we'll see how that goes.

7 comments:

Geo said...

It must be so strange and wonderful too to see your little guys turning into big ones.

Rachel F. said...

That is so adorable!! Haha did you really snap a picture of him in the room? For the blog's sake, I'm glad to have one, hopefully he wasn't too embarrassed by it. Running into Brenden is a little tender mercy for Oliver. Cute.

paul said...

what i wouldn't have given to wear a shirt that cool to my first day of school.

or to work today.

Ie Li said...

You boys are so good to each other. Way to go Oliver!

sarah said...

Oliver certainly wasn't in the mood to take a picture before he walked into the class, so I had to do what I had to do and snapped it from inside. He did see me and sort of rolled his eyes, but didn't put up to much of a fuss at that point.

Zack said...

That is the sweetest story! I hope the rest of the week was easier then the first morning...

Janell said...

Brenden is SUCH an awesome big brother that is the cutest story ever!