Wednesday, August 13, 2008

impromptu inter-continental conference call


Last night at midnight I get an out of the blue call from Rachel, calling from Jerusalem. She says, "Hey - can you conference me with Annee?" to which I reply "sure" and proceed to dial Annee in Korea.

I love that Rachel called me at midnight and knew I'd still be up.
I love that she assumed I'd know how to call Annee in Korea and would know how to conference her in.
I love that Annee was home in the middle of the day to take our call.
I love that I have no idea how much that transaction just cost us, but it was totally worth it.
I love being a part of an adventurous travel-savvy family.

8 comments:

Geo said...

You definitely do NOT need a tattoo. : )

Rachel F. said...

a. Well of course you were awake! You're super human.
b. Calling internationally ain't no thing.
c. Annee was talking to us and running 12 different activities simultaneously.
d. You probably could have done the whole thing from your slick new iPhone, but since you switched to landline, I'm sure it was next to free... Or paypal me the difference ;-)
e. For how much we all like each other, we sure like to spread as far apart as possible. Dumb.

I was so grateful! It was fun. I was almost moved to tears. We should do it more often in fact.

Ie Li said...

You Zackrison sisters are so cute. I love how much you love each other. I'm inspired to have a West sister conference call.

Annee said...

Nothing made me happier yesterday. I smiled all afternoon long.

Christine said...

I'm sad I missed out, we could've made it a four country thing.

holly said...

Sarah,
Hello! I found your blog and having been reading nonstop ever since. Your kids are so cute and grown up!
BTW, my mom wants the pattern for the little knit hat you gave Julie when she was born. Can I get that from you?
This is Holly Snow. :)

sarah said...

Welcome back Georgia!

Ie Li - you're a Zackrison sister now too!

Christine - I'm sorry we didn't have you on too. Impromptu.

Hi Holly! So glad you found us and commented! Welcome. Yes, I'd be happy to send you the pattern. Send me an email to sarahwiley at gmail dot com

Zack said...

What a great family! We should schedule an "official" family conf. call

I bet mom would love it.

have a super day!