Sunday, June 7, 2009

June 6th mostly at home

After our all-day excursion to The Big City yesterday, today we spent mostly at home. I stayed with the boys & June while Annee bought some crafting supplies. Needless to say Oliver was all over that. Bugs, accessories, and princess scenes were created for hours.



Finally as we finished that up we looked out our front door and saw this:
Can you say "Kid's Dream Come true"?

That proved to be enough distraction that Scott and I were able to sneak off on a date. I don't know when the last time was that we were able to do dinner and a movie, but it had definitely been too long. We saw Angels & Demons which we both enjoyed, in spite of our 2nd row seats in a tiny theater.
After dinner we grabbed some dinner at our new favorite Japanese joint, Yamato. I quite enjoyed my caterpillar roll and was duly flattered when our eager and very friendly waitress told me in her broken English that I was a beautiful pregnant woman, not like most American mothers of four who are quite Ugly. Hmmmm, thanks?
We came home to find this familiar scene at home - kids asleep in bed, Rummikub game underway. Since Annee's been here R&C come over almost every night to hang out and this is frequently the activity of choice late into the night.

No comments: