Saturday, May 3, 2008

a gaggle of girls

First of all, it's time to introduce Gigi. Isn't she beautiful? Scott put the baby seat on today (great to make it more usable, so sad to lose the great looking rear rack) so we went on a family bike ride. The weather was perfect, the boys are strong enough to go up hills, and June had a great time. That is my idea of a perfect Saturday activity.

When we got back from our ride, there was a gaggle of girls waiting for us outside our house. When we rode up we heard them say, "There he is. There's Brenden!" There were about 8 of them, mostly from the neighborhood and they have become quite enamored with Brenden. They come by pretty much every day to see if he can play, and every time Brenden and his friends go out to ride bikes in the cul-de-sac, the girls are out within minutes to watch and hopefully join in. The best part is to see Brenden's reaction. He's polite and very occasionally he'll be slightly pro-active about hanging with them, but mostly he just couldn't care less. He seems oblivious to their affection and unimpressed with their attention. It's so awesome to experience this from the boys perspective now, having already lived it once from the girls perspective.


I wish I had my camera out when they were all standing on the curb waiting for us when we got home. Or when Brenden and his friend Chandler were riding their bikes down the street and they were all running behind them trying to keep up. Those were impressive sights that would have told the story better. Here they are playing with the plasma cars and riding bikes down the neighbor's driveway and looking on and hanging out.

So how will this thing play out over the next few years? Do we have trouble on our hands? He's just so little. Surely we don't need to talk about girls yet?!?!

4 comments:

Annalee said...

Oh thats too funny. A little chick magnet already, huh?!?

Grandma Z said...

In your last picture, I wonder what Little Brother, the expert on "cool," is thinking as he stands there observing the scene.

Ie Li said...

What a stud. I love that he doesn't care about all that attention. Why do girls start liking boys so much earlier than boys start liking girls. I remember being boy crazy when I was five. I think I watched too many Disney princess movies.

Your bike is beautiful!

Nate said...

Thats kindof a funny picture with oliver just looking at the Girls wondering where his posse is. Sweet bike slash I love the word gaggle, if I could see a gaggle of geese everyday my life would be complete!