Sunday, May 11, 2008

uhhhhh.... thanks?


So on Saturday when we returned from our various errands and ball games, we were greeted by these lovely orange vintage schoolhouse chairs sitting on our front porch. I have no idea where they came from. Are they for me? Did they get mis-delivered? Did someone need me to store them for a while and they will come back eventually to retrieve them? They are in great shape (and according to the price tags left on them were quite a bargain) and might even look nice in my kitchen. There is some indication they were formerly a part of a set of 8. If I come to your house and you have the other four, that will give you away. I've asked around quite a bit, checked email, voicemail, looked for notes, but to no avail. They have become known, around our house, as the mystery chairs. If you have any information about above said chairs, please let it be known.

10 comments:

Rachel F. said...

You should offer a reward for information leading to the answer of the chair mystery

Annalee said...

That is so funny about the crumb cake incident. I love the before and after shots of it.

I cannot believe the story behind the chairs. are they a mothers day gift? is scott hiding it from you that he really got them for you? interesting... I know nothing about them, sorry!But they are very cute!

yes. said...

Dont show stephanie these chairs....

sarah said...

why not? does stephanie want some?

Ie Li said...

How nice of someone to have done that for you!

emmy said...

What a happy surprise. And like always - I am jealous they landed on your porch instead of mine. The thrift store Gods must be pleased with you.

LosPeterson said...

I'll bet you anything that this is the doings of some BYU coeds on a creative date. They probably had a picnic on your porch and then left the chairs as a secret service to you.

Thomas said...

Oh my!!! I am the owner of the chairs. Do you remember me? My names is Kathryn (kathkarol.blogspot.com) and my hubbie is Wade? Long story short I bought them at the DI for $1.00 a piece and couldn't take them home to LA so I have been storing them at my sister's house. Her name is Jennifer Barton...she lives around the corner from you. So I asked Scott Johnson who is working with your Scott, if he could bring them to LA for me and he said yes and so I had my sister carry them over to your porch. HAHAHA. Anyway, sorry for the confusion! I thought Scott had told you! It makes me happy and sad that you like them. In fact I would just give them to you if I wasn't in desperate need of some temp dining chairs! Sorry! Actually, they might still have them at the DI. If not my sis bought 8 of them and I think she only wants 4 of them. I will ask her!

paul said...

If they had dolphins somewhere on them, I could help with their origin.

Rachel F. said...

what a depressing resolution to the chair mystery...