Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day at Capistrano Beach

We headed out on Friday after school (Oliver's last day, Brenden's field day). The drive was long and boring -- 12 hours -- our longest yet. June started tugging at her seatbelt before we even got on the freeway in Provo. There were a few moments of sleep. We arrived at 2am.











Then there was bike riding















And playing in the sand









And warming by the fire (plus plenty of s'mores)









Plus playing in the water, having fun with cousins, grandma, grandpa, uncle, aunt, natalie. Great food. Great accommodations.


And then all too soon the dreadful drive home.

4 comments:

emmy said...

Look how cute you are in your summer skirts riding your bike with baby in tow. What a hipster. Now where did you get the handy baby bike rack?. I need one for my Cashman.

sarah said...

I'm a big fan of the bike seat, but we've done the trailer too -- that might work better for you for toting both Jack and Cash around. You can get either at most any bike shop.

Rachel F. said...

So fun! Can't wait. I love Oliver falling asleep with his push pop. Classic!

Hey you found that skirt in white! That's great. I'll bring mine too. Less than a week away, I want to start packing now! So excited.

sarah said...

That's my new favorite skirt from the gap that comes in every color