Thursday, January 10, 2008

It is done

Farewell Christmas. It's been fun. Thanks for the good times.

We will miss the bells ringing when the back door opens, the glow of the lights on the tree, the perfect excuse to bake more and exercise less, all the fun visitors we had (Brunts, Earnests, Wileys/Saliamonases), Uncle Dick's toffee, parties, cards, goodie plates, peppermint shakes, and egg nog.

We will not miss reaching behind the piano to turn on/off the snow village lights, the 24-hour flu, last minute shopping, and the constant guilty thoughts that "if only these kids weren't around then I could really make Christmas great for them."

(OK, Scott, now I've done my part to pack up the boxes, so you can do your part and flex your big strong muscles to carry them downstairs.)

6 comments:

Ie Li said...

It did feel nice to be done with Christmas and pack up the stuff, but today, as I played my favorite Christmas song, I felt a pang of sadness that it was all over.

Annee said...

You even have the Christmas colored storage boxes. I always thought that would be the icing on the cake! Tres chic.

Jan Hawkes said...

Sarah - I'm delighted to see that you have a blog. I recognized the bathroom wallpaper immediately - VERY clever. You don't do anything part way. It's a very stunning and personal touch. It will be fun to find out what's going on with the Wileys now. (Don't forget to post your family Christmas party photos.) Great family snapshots on the side bar - beautiful family. When did June become a summer blonde?

Geo said...

It's still Christmas over here. At least we've stopped plugging in the tree!

(I have now commented on every single post, and I bet you're shaking your fist at me for filling up your inbox!)

: )

Karin said...

amen and amen... 'til next year!
Welcome to the newest best way to spend all of that "extra" time on your hands...You have got such a darling little family!

Michelle said...

Sarah! I just came across your blog from Annee's! Yay! I'm so happy you've started a blog! I love the pictures of your family. You have the cutest kids!
-Michelle