Wednesday, January 30, 2008

you can blame the writers strike

I guess it's because of the strike that there's no good tv on these days, so we've been watching more movies than usual. This weekend we saw Rescue Dawn. It was just ok. It's a true story, so that's always nice to learn about something historical. But there weren't really any lovable characters who you could root for. I mean of course you root for the main guy because he's the main guy, but he's weird. And he eats worms and there are leaches and torture and mud. Plus, military movies are especially hard for telling people apart. So I give it a "just ok" rating (and I think Scott agrees - for the male perspective).

Then last night we attempted to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 3. I don't really know why we even tried. It was one of those movie watching sessions motivated purely by the chance to mail it back to netflix. We never saw the second one, although the first one was ok. But within the first 10 mintues we were lost and it was boring and dumb. I fell asleep and Scott watched the rest in fast forward. So this one gets a "don't bother" rating. (but at least we get to send it back today and that is really exciting!)

2 comments:

Ie Li said...

I'm with you on Pirates 3. I couldn't enjoy it because it was too complicated. I was totally lost. I wonder if the writers didn't really have a plan and decided to make it really complex to mask the fact that they didn't have a plan.

Katie said...

Totally agree about Rescue Dawn. Never attempted Pirate's II or III. Larry liked Rescue Dawn, though.