Monday, January 21, 2008

Movie Review - Once

Scott and I watched the movie Once on Saturday. We both really enjoyed it. It was another good couple movie -- plenty of good music and studio shots for Scott, and a nice story line and characters for me. It is rated 'R' but there is notably no sex and the R is for a few uses of the 'f' word -- but not too much (plus everyone speaks with a thick Irish accent so half the time you can't really understand what they're saying anyway). We enjoyed it so much, we even watched the bonus materials - which we usually never do. It was cool to hear about how they were basically making up the details of the story line as they filmed, and how low-budget it was and the background of the actors. Plus it was helpful to me that the main character was our friend Paul Jacobsen, so that helped me tell him apart from the other actors. We loved the style and the acting and the music. We highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Annee said...

Just added it to our blockbuster list. I enjoy a good movie recommendation. I'll report back if I disagree :)

Rachel F. said...

ok wait, what do you mean the main character is paul jacobsen? are you serious about that? i just bought it and am about to watch it but i'm confused so email me :-)