Saturday, February 2, 2008

I am a Hannah Montana fan

And so are my boys. Brenden has her CD. They both know all the words to every song and sing along. Brenden has her calendar hanging in his room. They watch her show on the Disney Channel multiple times every day. They wanted to go to her concert but we didn't get tickets. So today we went and saw the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus 3-D Best of Both Worlds Concert Movie. I was actually very impressed with it. It was a great way for the kids to see a big concert - much more comfortable and interesting for them. There was cool behind the scenes stuff and the dancing was impressive and she seemed nice and likable. I also thought the 3-D-ness was cool and made it more engaging and exciting. So if you have kids who are in to H.M./M.C. I give it a "go for it" rating.

Miley is 15 now, and probably by the time she's 18 she'll be trying to change her image to be a bad girl or something, but for now, I think she's great. Her costumes are modest, her personality is innocent, her songs are clean and simple, she is sweet with her young fans, she seems to have a cute relationship with her family, and her image is just rock-enough for the kids to think it's cool without being as over the top as, say, some of the Guitar Hero music. Brenden and Oliver want to be into music and the day will come when they realize this isn't that cool and they move on to something harder, so I'm happy to support their interest while it lasts.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so happy to read this post. We are going to the movie/concert tomorrow. Ella loves Hannah Montana. You're the first one I know whose seen it. I'm glad it's a good show. Does she sing a lot of songs from her first cd? Ella knows the first cd the best and I'm worried it'll all be from her new album.

Katie said...

I was curious to get to the end of this post and see if it was Scott or Sarah as it's author?

sarah said...

I wrote it. But I think Scott agrees and I think he would have enjoyed the movie. He always likes seeing behind-the-scenes stuff and learning about the machine behind the music. Scott - speak up if I am misrepresenting your position on Hannah Montana.