Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oliver Zackrison Wiley

Presenting the family's newest 5-year old...


The new 5-year-old Oliver likes:
the color black
cheese pizza
his friends
his faux hawk
monster trucks
cool clothes & shoes
rockin music






The new 5-year-old Oliver knows how to:
read
do 100-piece puzzles
ride his 2-wheeler bike off curbs
play the piano
build legos
play chess





The new 5-year-old Oliver is:
creative
passionate
smart
curious
cool
funny
sensitive
thoughtful
brave
strong
a great brother





Oliver's school teacher called him:
a true leader
a great friend to everyone
quick to learn new things
intent on always doing his best work
fun to have in class







Five Years Ago Today...
we've come a long way



To celebrate Oliver's birthday, I took him to the mall to pick out a new outfit. He was so excited about it he said, "I don't think it's fair that at my party I get to wear cool new clothes and all my friends don't, so maybe we should get them some too."

He's particularly excited about his shoes:

We had a party with 5 friends at our house before school. Oliver planned everything including that everyone needed a nick name (his was Tony Hawk Travis Pastrana; others were Spike Ball, Killer Whale, and Bulldog). He carefully selected and turned on the background music (Naked Brothers Band). We played freeze dancing, red rover red rover, Hullabaloo, and balloon toss, and we made the annual traditional monster truck cake. It was a blast!










Happy Birthday Oliver
We love you!

p.s. Tonight as Oliver was going to bed he said contemplatively, "I like being bigger. I think I can climb to the very top of the rock climbing wall now."

9 comments:

Ie Li said...

Happy Birthday Oliver, I mean Tony Hawk Travis Pastrana. We love you and you are indeed a very cool 5-year old

Ie Li said...

P.S. That outfit could not be any cooler. Great choice!

Annee said...

That sounds like a very deluxe birthday. Way to go mom! You did up right. Happy Birthday Oliver! Watch for something in the mail from us!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Happy Birthday. I learned a lot about Oliver. I had no idea he had so much style. Adorable.

Bethany said...

So cute!!

sarah said...

Hey Bethany! Welcome!

Rachel F. said...

Yes!! I think another trip to the Quarry is in order. I'm always in on that. On our next trip we have two objectives:

1--Get Oliver higher than 12 feet up the wall.
2--Get Sarah off the ground

It'll be so much better than family camp.

P.S. Happy Birthday Oliver! Thanks for taking us to CPK tonight.

Karin said...

Wow, that is one impressive 5-year-old-can-do-list!Looks like we've got a few things to work (start!) on the next 4 months...

Katie said...

I love this post! What a cool dude Oliver is.