Sunday, March 30, 2008

A good day for a project

Yesterday started off with me at Walmart at 7:30am buying fabric for a quilting party I was hosting. I've noticed a real lack of quilt tying going on lately, and took it upon myself to remedy that. We got it all set up in the family room but apparently no one else was feeling the itch so I tied alone. Scott took Oliver to his soccer game and paid him $2 (his fee has gone up) to participate in picture day. By noon everyone was home and we were out of stuff to do. Scott put his power tools (including brand spankin' new nail gun and compressor) to work to build me a window box. I'm very excited about this as I was completely inspired by the boxes of overflowing geraniums we saw in Prague last year.
Stay tuned for news and pictures of the finished project...

Other than that, the kids had a rather boring day at home. We've had a mild intestinal discomfort running through the family and yesterday was Oliver's turn. Brenden and June played nicely together for quite a while.













and then I discovered this fun series on the camera

4 comments:

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Does this mean no one showed up to your quilt party? If I was your neighbor I would have definitely made it. That sounds great. Your weather looks likes ours everyday. I have actually loved all the snow and I am finally ready for green and warmth. And what is the secret to the lemon tree and how do you keep the kids away? It looks so tempting.

sarah said...

Well one lady came for like a half hour, but mostly it was just me. Their loss! I really haven't done much with the lemon tree and expect it to die any day. It has flowered consistently, but it's taken these bit lemons about a year to grow to this point. June had dug in the soil a few times but the boys are on board with watching it grow and anticipating lemonade. I keep it in the living room and outside so mostly it's out-of-sight-out-of-mind.

Karin said...

I love these shots of June!-Such a fun perspective:)

Zack said...

wow... it must be nice to have a guy who know's how to use a nail gun around... if I had an air compressor with a nail gun, I'd build stuff all the time!