Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday = Clean-Out-The-Garage Day

Well today we did a little work cleaning & organizing the garage, and Scott says my beloved bike must go. See he bought me a beautiful new bike for Christmas (I'll blog more about Gigi later) so it's time to say goodbye. This has been a great bike! It has 7 speeds, a very comfortable seat, handle brakes, and is made by Giant. We added the bell and basket (we'll remove the rear rack as it goes to the baby seat which we're keeping). It has been much loved and much used, which means it has also had it's share of bumps and bruises along the way. It's not flashy, but it is a really great bike. Scott actually already posted it on craigslist, but I asked him before he sells it to a stranger, to give me a chance to find it a loving home through the blogosphere. So if any of you are in the market, let me know in the next 24 hours and it's yours for a plate of cookies. Man I'm feeling quite nostalgic and sad to see it go. But I'm sure the void will allow me to create new memories and bond with Gigi so I'll be ok.

10 comments:

Rachel F. said...

ok WOA... i will take it!! no question. can't believe you're giving it up.

junioraudio said...

rachel,
whoa is spelled W H O A. who ever heard of spelling it woa? woe to the person who spells whoa that way.

sarah said...

what? rachel - don't you already have one adorable new bike chained up at your apartment that's not getting enough love? What would you do with two?

Christine said...

yes rachel does have a very nice bike at home, but i do not, so i would very much appreciate and love a new bike. i've been wanting one for awhile, especially with the coming spring. AND i love making cookies so a plate of cookies could easily be exchanged.

Annee said...

Rachel just can't stand to see things get given away! She'll take it if that protects it from the awful fate of "giving awayness". Am I right?

Ie Li said...

If only the shipping of the bike to DC didn't cost as much as buying a new one. :)

Ie Li said...

I'm waiting for my "Simple Seven W" Giant bike in candy red.

Rachel F. said...

yes i can't bear to see it go to DI or to someone who won't fully appreciate it.

as for the state of my own bike, it's in bad shape... i'm taking it into the shop this week to see what damage a winter spent outside has done to it. but your handle bars were always better than mine.

i guess it would be ok for christine to have it. then she'd have no excuse to skip riding with me.

Christine said...

so do i get the bike?

sarah said...

Yes Christine, it's yours. Now where are my cookies?