Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Birthday little bug!

Today is June's 1st birthday! She is 1 year old! She has completed her first year on earth. And what a year it's been. She's brought joy and peace to our home and taught us gentleness and compassion and responsibility. She is almost always happy and almost always stubborn and she's independent and smart and she sure loves her family. And we love you too, Junie!

Look how far we've come.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNE!!!

As the third child in a busy family, her birthday didn't get too much attention today. She wore the "It's My Birthday" button and got a few well-wishes while we were out on errands. We pulled out the old walker and let her practice on her feet a bit. We went out to dinner to the new kid's cafe Max & Cheese and then came home and let her open a few presents. She got her very first baby doll from Grandma&Grandpa Wiley which she seems pretty excited about. Click here to see a few other pictures from the day. I think we'll do some more celebrating this weekend with the aunts. Maybe we'll even let her eat some cake.


Other notable(?) events of the day:
  • Brenden had his last snowboarding lesson for the season and Scott went up and did a few runs with him at the end. What great progress Brenden has made this year!
  • Scott, who had pretty much sworn off skiing because it's too much work and not that much fun, remembered that it is actually fun and not so much work when you don't have to take your whole family with you. He decided next year to do more skiing (or maybe even get back into snowboarding).
  • Oliver got registered for Kindergarten. He is very excited and now says preschool is boring and for babies.
  • I donated blood. This is one of my favorite ways to give service. No babysitting or casserole-baking required.
  • Scott took the Christmas lights down off the house.
  • We got new trees planted in front of our house since last years trees have died already.
  • The first hyacinth bulb bloomed. Still waiting for the daffodils.
  • I learned about Crazy 8. Do you all know about this place? Apparently Crazy 8 is to Gymboree as Old Navy is to Gap.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't believe she is a one year old! That means it's almost been a year since I saw you last. We need to get together. Happy Birthday, June!

holly said...

How old is June? So old.

Happy Birthday, June!

~j. said...

Happy Birthday, June! She is so beautiful.

I've been wanting to try out that new kids' place in Orem, but I wasn't sure of the name of the place, and I'd never heard of Crazy 8 -- thanks for the links.

Also, I know what you mean about giving blood. I'll have to start thinking of it as service, because I've only been doing it for the free Lorna Doone's (which is the same reason I go to the hospital to have babies).

Ie Li said...

I love her. She's so darling.

Zack said...

Sorry I didn't remember to call... but I'll be sure to remember next year.

And about the christmas lights, have they been on all this time? I'm so jealous!

have a happy birthday june!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday to beautiful little June! She is such a sweet little girl. Time flies!
Crazy 8? Cool. I'm checking it out.
It's hard to take a break from watching Jerry Springer and get those dang lights down. Just kidding!

sarah said...

We had high hopes for Max & Cheese, but were a bit disappointed. Maybe it was just too high of expectations. I checked out the site before going but there weren't any pictures so I just imagined it must be like an up-scale McDonalds playland. But it wasn't. They had a designated area in the middle of the restaurant with a thomas table and a few other small activity things -- perfect for ages 1 1/2 - 4 maybe. The boys had fun playing the board games they had set into the tables, though. They played chutes & ladders, candyland, and sorry. The food wasn't so great. We probably won't go back. But it was a good way to commemorate June's bday.

junioraudio said...

If it was Jerry Springer at least I'd have a good excuse! It's that gol darn nascar!! I just caint get enuff!!!