Friday, March 7, 2008

We hit the slopes

Today was one of Brenden's snowboarding days at Sundance, so (thanks to Lisa for the idea) I decided to join him for a few runs after his lesson. It was really fun. I got two runs in on my own before I picked him up. I don't think I've ever done that before - gone skiing by myself. But it made me remember that I like skiing and should do it more often.
Then I met Brenden at the lift and we took two runs together. It was amazing. Back in December when he took his VERY FIRST LESSON EVER on a snowboard, he was terrified to go up the lift and was basically forced up by his teacher against his will (with my blessing). Today he was actually doing it - staying up, making turns, going fast - the whole bit. He looked the part of the snowboarder with his long hoodie and acted confident and happy. We had a great time. It's nice to take advantage of some of the great things Provo has to offer once in a while!

7 comments:

Ie Li said...

Cute mother-son date! I love it. What a good mommy you are.

LosPeterson said...

That is awesome. Way to go Brenden. I'm slightly jealous that you live so close to the slopes.

Julie said...

That is so much fun...that is one thing I miss about Utah...my kids would love the snow...Good job filming if it was me I would have fallen on my face just getting off the lift...

sarah said...

Thanks for the props on filming. It was kind of tricky and I was proud I actually got some of Brenden in the shots.

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

BRenden rocls. My whole family has enjoyed watching the movie. Isaac was very impressed by Brenden's speed and not falling down and Mike was proud of Sarah's camera skills.

Zack said...

absolutely! I was wondering the whole time... did brenden's snowboard instructor do that? that's a nice bonus to a lesson.

Way to go Sarah!

Jan Hawkes said...

Wow. I feel like I just went snowboarding! I could even hear the wind blowing through my hair. What an exhilarating ride. I went so fast and I wasn't even scared. I don't expect that to happen again in my lifetime. Sweet. Thank you both!