Sunday, March 30, 2008

Great Googly Moogly!

Given how much Maggie & the Ferocious Beast we've been watching lately, that's all I could think of to say when we woke up today to see this view out the window:
Rather depressing. Although now that we're within shooting distance of the Dreadful Hot Season, I am actually ok with a few cool-off days now and then.

But in spite of the weather, the daffodils have finally made an appearance. They look a little disappointed at their reception, don't they?



In other news... my biggest lemon is turning yellow. Hurray! That means we're getting closer to our glass of lemonade. Come on little lemon tree. You can do it!

6 comments:

Ie Li said...

What a bummer! That's discouraging to have snow when it's supposed to be spring! I hope it goes away soon.

Those pictures of June are just adorable. I love that Brenden and June play so well together.

emmy said...

Oh - your cute flowers and all this sad snow. I am so proud of you and your lemon tree. Even more impressed with Scott making flower boxes for your windows. Ahh- life with the Wiley's. What a bunch of hipsters.

Annee said...

Too bad about the snow. That is depressing. But I'm jealous about your flowers that the deer didn't eat. That's lovely to have the spring bulbs popping up. Take more pictures of them for me :)

sarah said...

I did lots of research since deer are a big problem here too and turns out they don't like daffodils or hyacinths or crocus. So that's the majority of what we have. They love tulips, and so do I, so I did plant a few bunches right up against the house. On the very first day the leaves started to emerge, the deer chomped them off. Ever since them I spray stinky deer-off stuff on them every night and they've been able to survive. Now the tulip blooms are starting to form and I'm so nervous I'm going to miss a night and I'll lose them. I'll post more pics as soon as the snow melts.

Annalee said...

Oh I love your little lemon. How pretty!

Zack said...

so, what's the reference to "Great Googly Moogly" mean? that sounds like a movie i would like!